Monday, May 4, 2009

What is the general level of employment that is below waiting tables?

Isn't there a single level of employment that includes such positions as busing, dish washing, sweeping parking lots, etc. I thought I heard it referred to as general utility work but I'm not sure enough to put it on an application and I am really searching for a job but probably don't have enough formal employment experience to land a job waiting tables. Thanks.

What is the general level of employment that is below waiting tables?
Some people go directly to waiting tables; it's in how you present yourself, your appearance, speech etc. You are asking a restaurant to let you be their representative to their customers, so you need to look neat, speak clearly and be friendly. Saying you have other experience may help, since you know something about how a restaurant works.
Reply:I would just put down bus boy/ girl. They will know what you mean.


No comments:

Post a Comment