Monday, November 16, 2009

Employment???

Hello!


I recently graduated from law school and now have a J.D.


I don't plan on taking the bar exam until February, but am seeking meaningful employment. Any ideas as to what types of jobs are out there for people with a J.D. not practicing law? I hope to stay in the legal field until I can become an attorney, but what can I do in the meantime?

Employment???
Why don't you try working in a large law firm. You could be a legal assistant, or work in marketing.
Reply:paralegal.


Why?


because you don't have a paralegal degree so you won't start at a low pay.


You could be practicing law, but no, you want to "crawl before you walk" and start small to go bigger(by starting as a lawyer assistant). I would say with your J.D. you could ask for a starting salary of 14+ an hour.


No comments:

Post a Comment