Monday, November 16, 2009

How many years of employment must an effective resume list?

Is listing the last 5 employers enough or the last ten years of employment. How far should job employment infor go back. Also I was married for nine years and did not work during those years so there is a big gap between my last employment and current employment does that affect the effectiveness of my resume. I also anticipate on receiving a bachelor's degree in 8 months should I include that or is that too premature. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.


Thanks in advance

How many years of employment must an effective resume list?
As an HR Manager I would recommend that you include your education information. List the bachelor's degree with an anticipated graduation date. Also, since you were out of the work force for a while I would list your last 5 employers (it sounds like that might go back 15 or so years for you). Don't worry about the 9 year gap. Your reason for not working during that time is reasonable and will come out during the phone screen or interview. Just remember that your resume should show future employers what skills, education and experience you'll bring to the table. Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment