Monday, November 16, 2009

How do employment agencies work? I saw an add in the paper for a position through an agency.?

I went in and took a series of tests on the computer for typing, math, spelling, filing. They asked me a few questsions and I was told they would fax over my resume to the job opening I was interested in and call me if the employer was interested. Is this how all employment agencies work?

How do employment agencies work? I saw an add in the paper for a position through an agency.?
That is pretty much how they work. They bring you in, take your info then expect you to call them every day to ask if they have any work for you. When they finally send you out on a job it could last anywhere from one day to a long term where the company may or may not eventually choose to offer you a job as an employee of the company rather working at their company as an employee of the agency.


It is a good way to get your foot in the door of some good companies but it also stinks if you need steady income and they only send you out on jobs that last a few days at a time with long times of not working in between.


Temp agencies normally do not offer benefits like paid holidays, vacation time and medical insurance if offered at all is usually very expensive.
Reply:Well, it is sort of the way it works.





Don't wait for them to call you...call them everyday. Remind them you are looking for employment...they will get tired of you calling and find you something.





A true story. My husband with many degrees including several masters was called back for a ditch digging job...how funny is that?


No comments:

Post a Comment