Monday, November 16, 2009

How long do companies in Texas keep employment records - both tax and other?

This company is an affiliate of H.E.B. I was wondering if they will have my employment record from 1999? Or, if during tax season or paycheck week, would I be listed as a previous employee?





I just put non applicable on the application.





Should I just tell them in the interview today?

How long do companies in Texas keep employment records - both tax and other?
Are you applying for another job at this company?


Your job history goes waaay back. You are linked through your SS#


Do you have an undesirable work history with this company?


Dept of Labor says previous employers are only able to state


Dates of employment


Job position


But if the company you are applying to is part of a previous employer's company, I think they can have your records forwarded to the HR dept for review.


If this is the case, you'd better come clean in the interview and explain anything negative in your file or you could be terminated for falsifying info on your application.





Good Luck in your interiew!


No comments:

Post a Comment