Monday, April 26, 2010

For the purposes of unemployment compensation, how is full-time employment defined?

I'm thinking eight hours a day is full time. If I work full time for three days and then the job ends, can I get unemployment compensation based on the circumstances of the separation from that job?





Don't talk to me about base periods and so on. I know a fair amount about unemployment. My only question is how full-time employment is defined.

For the purposes of unemployment compensation, how is full-time employment defined?
It doesn't matter if you are working full time or not, only if you make enough during the quarter to qualify. I worked 30 hours a week but at a salary of $30 an hour so I qualified for the maximum UI payment. Halftime at 20 hours per week might be 3/4 of the UI payment, and so on.





In your situation, it would depend on your reasons for leaving/being let go from the prior job, and the quarters would come from that last job. If you didn't have enough quarters in the time period, you would get no UI.





Bottom line, do NOT have to be FT, but yes, FT is 40 hours per week.


No comments:

Post a Comment