Monday, April 26, 2010

What is the best way for an American to begin a search for employment in an Asian country (specifically Korea)

I am hoping to move to Korea and of course I need to have gainful employment before I can actually move over there for longer than 6 months.





Any advice on how one would start a search for employment abroad would be appreciated.





Thank you

What is the best way for an American to begin a search for employment in an Asian country (specifically Korea)
If you want to work in South Korea, you can easily find employment teaching English. All you need is a Bachelor's Degree. My advice would be to read over the information on the websites below, and start applying for jobs. Definitely do some research before you agree to any job, because some of these job offers are scams.
Reply:I bet the first step would be to learn to speak Korean. You can't hardly find any job in a foreign country if you don't speak their language. There are overseas employment companies (you would be called an expatriate or expat for short) but you have to watch those companies very carefully. I worked in and out of some of the Arabic countries for years. I was in a special situation where I got to keep my own passport. That's uncommon, usually you have to give your passport to your sponsor and they issue you a temp. Basically an I.D. card saying who you are there with. So you really can't even leave the country without your sponsors approval. That is something you really need to find out before you go.

permanent teeth eruption

No comments:

Post a Comment